Thursday, May 10, 2012

Watchlist - Trainspotting - Gross yet stylish!!

Mark "Rent-boy" Renton: I don't feel the sickness yet, but it's in the post. That's for sure. I'm in the junkie limbo at the moment. Too ill to sleep. Too tired to stay awake, but the sickness is on its way. Sweat, chills, nausea. Pain and craving. A need like nothing else I've ever known will soon take hold of me. It's on its way.

You can go ahead and read the book if you haven't. Take it from me, you will be talking like a Scot junkie for the next few days. "Choose life. Choose a job. Choose a career. Choose a family. Choose a big television. Choose washing machines, cars, compact disc players and electrical tin openers..." so does the opening voice-over says in this 1996 cult crime drama film from Danny Boyle, the director of Slumdog Millionaire. I LOVE the movie and LOVE the soundtrack. Gross yet stylish, that's "Trainspotting" for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment