Saturday, May 5, 2012

Watchlist - Cosmopolis - Coming of age Pattinson



"I smell sex all over you"

A fairly common line that people generally use, I've come across it in numerous sitcoms and rom-coms too. Here it gives a taste of the character of Robert Pattinson who is growing up and hopefully so will all those "I want a bella in my mouth" chicks. Violence, dread, masochistic and Cronenberg? Oh yeah!! Looks like "The Fly" all over for me. I can't wait for this one. Ohh, there's a God and he hates "The pansy Pattinson," this looks intriguing. Those chicks who obsess over "Twilight" should definitely watch this movie. The tagline outta read "Pattinson grew up. What about you?" 

That was exactly the same thing I was telling a Twilight fan girl over chat the other day. One just needs to remember Bullet Tooth Tony's (from Guy Ritchie's "Snatch") evergreen truth when referring to the Twilight fans, "One should not underestimate the predictability of stupidity" and the rest will fall in place. Also, let's not forget the famous quote of Stephen King - "Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend." After taking so much of load she didn't care to reply, alas!! But still, Pattinson's face is woody in most of the scenes. "This dude simply can't act" - Remember Me!!

I am a little worried for this film because the original novel, by Don DeLillo, it was based on has very average reviews. This is usually a sign the film is not going to do well. On the positive side, it looks like it's shot very well, it has Pattinson who is dying to prove himself and it has Paul Giamatti who is the film industry's "Resident Midas." I have a lot of faith in David Cronenberg, let's see if he lives up to it.


No comments:

Post a Comment